Mt. Vernon insert install with pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
We replaced a wood insert in a zero clearance firebox with a Mt. Vernon insert. The box was about 11" above the tile floor so we made a custom shroud to fill the gap. Customer was very happy and we are about to start a very similar one.

Eric

Attachments

• zero box to Mt Vernon 1.JPG
    zero box to Mt Vernon 1.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 241
  • zero box to Mt vernon 2.JPG
    zero box to Mt vernon 2.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 230
  • zero box to Mt vernon3.JPG
    zero box to Mt vernon3.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 230
Very nice looking install. Someone is going to want a speaker upgrade.

Reactions: kinsmanstoves
Looks nice. Now go have a sudsy beverage.

Looks good.. Any concerns over the TV being right above it? Not sure I would like to watching TV looking at the pellet stove. I could see the distortion/heat waves of the air around my stove depending on the lighting I would find it annoying to have to look at it while watching a program.

Very nice job Eric (as always) :)

Looks great.. I'd be happy as a Pig in $#IT with that set up and custom bottom piece.

Looks good.. Any concerns over the TV being right above it? Not sure I would like to watching TV looking at the pellet stove. I could see the distortion/heat waves of the air around my stove depending on the lighting I would find it annoying to have to look at it while watching a program.

We replaced a wood stove so they know what they are getting into. It is with in specs of clearance to combustibles.

Eric

A wood stove probably had far more issues with heat shimmering etc. As my earlier post stated will probably need some better speakers to overcome some of the fan noise.

A wood stove probably had far more issues with heat shimmering etc. As my earlier post stated will probably need some better speakers to overcome some of the fan noise.

The Mt. Vernon's fans can barley be heard if set correctly.

Eric

Reactions: smoke show
That good not to hear.:) The Elena in our kitchen dining room has almost the same amount of air noise as a central air system. If stove makers use better fans the noise can be at a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.