Mt Vernon Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timss13

Jun 6, 2008
Peterborough, NH
So question for all of you smart folks out there...my Mt Vernon insert has been sounding kind of metallic and crackly the past week or so. The sound seems to be coming from the back of the stove and is kind of higher pitched and whirry....I do a good job of cleaning regularly and might call in the experts since it has been about five tons since its last annual mega-cleaning including chimney.

In the meantime, any suggestions on what could be going on? Thankfully, we are in a heat wave this week so I can sip a little oil while cleaning and/ or taking the stove out of production temporarily.

timss13 said:
sounding kind of metallic and crackly and is kind of higher pitched and whirry....

All of that and only one noise?

Like metal rattling or a noisy blower?

Sorry got nothing...

Maybe an insert owner will chime in.

Then I guess I'd investigate that.

Convection blower on left and combustion blower on right.(facing stove)

Status
Not open for further replies.