Mt Vernon (Non AE) Thermostat question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beo3

Jan 24, 2009
Orange County, NY
Hey,
My older Mt Vernon (2003) was off when I woke up this morning and the oil heat had kicked on. I reffered to the owners manual and checked the snap disk, vacum line and then jumped the thermostat at the back of the stove. That started it up and as long as it was jumped it ran fine. The strange part is that when I removed the jumper it continued to run on it normal cycle and shut down. Now it will not resatrt unless I reattach the jump wire. Any ideas?? Also can I use any old thermostat to replace my existing wall unit? The one I have is nothing fancy, its the orginal with just a slide bar and thermometer and that is all I'm looking for. Any help is much appericiated.

Thanks,
Beo3

I would definately replace the thermostat. If you have the original Quadra-Fire one, they are cheesey at best.
Any two wire model will work.
I prefer digital because they are more accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.