Mt Vernon or GcI60 insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pur pony

Nov 1, 2011
Eastern CT
Im about to purchase a pellet insert to heat my 2000 sqft colonial and not sure which insert to get.

Looking at a Mt Vernon and a Hampton GCI60.

I have two friends with Mt Vernons and they love them. They have been trouble free since new and are both around 5 yrs old. Personally i like the look of the Hampton GcI60 just a little better but i think they are both great looking stoves.

Im located in CT and have been pricing them. I got a price of $4300 - $300 rebate + chimney kit ($360) + Tax for one of the Mt Vernons... I pick up and install.

Another place has the Mt Vernon for $3600 + Tax + around $360 for chimney kit + $99 install

Then I can get the GCI60 for $3700 in NH out the door including the chimney kit. I pickup and install.

Then the closest store to me has a DEMO GCI60 I can purchase for 30% off... However, im still waiting on that price.

One Dealer sells the Hamptons but also services the Quads and says he has seen the quads require more replacement parts.

The other Hampton dealer told me that he has had a few issues with the GCI60s but the one in his showroom (the DEMO one) has run flawless......

Any input or any may concerns I should know about the two before making a decision and purchasing one?

Thank you very much for any and all replys!

IMO, that Hampton unit is very nice. But I'm sure both will work fine.

BTW, please realize that it probably WON'T heat the whole 2000 sq. ft, even though the literature says it will. Walls and different levels in a house pose problems in getting heat moved around. Hopefully the stove will be in the area that needs the heat the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.