Mt Vernon vacuum switch error

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smg64ct

Nov 21, 2006
Connecticut
Yesterday morning my MT Vernon stopped working. I look at the display and saw the vacuum switch error. I pull out manual and figure out how to fix this. I removed the panel and I removed the vacuum hose and blew it out. Put it back together and it fired right up. Anyone else have this problem? I used to have to go through this with my cb 1200 thought they would have fixed this by now.

I have a repair guy coming over on Tuesday to replace the computer or power supply. My thermostat starts to blink and then goes out this drives me crazy because I have to romove the thermostat and then put it back on. I have to do this like 2 times a day. I have electric heat that I don't like to use, but I'm starting to think that I should have bought a furnace instead of this tempermental mount vernon which when working does a really good job.

SteveG said:
Yesterday morning my MT Vernon stopped working. I look at the display and saw the vacuum switch error. I pull out manual and figure out how to fix this. I removed the panel and I removed the vacuum hose and blew it out. Put it back together and it fired right up. Anyone else have this problem? I used to have to go through this with my cb 1200 thought they would have fixed this by now.

That's called general maintenance and its required to be done on many stoves. One way to keep the stove from being finicky is to keep them as clean as possible. A good thoroughly weekly cleaning on my old quad 800 would keep it running smooth until the next weekly cleaning. 80% of stove problems are caused by dirty stoves(I stole that from kroozer).

there is also a wire tie on the thermostat wires between the thermo wire lugs on the back of the stove and the control box inside the stove, that has been said to cause wierd things to happen to the wall control. open up the left panel (facing stove) and cut off the wire tie, apparently the wire tie is cinched so tight it causes interference between the power and communication wire for the wall control. HTH I did it to mine and haven't had a problem since. YMMV

I clean this stove all the time already I've had the baffle off 2 times and cleaned behind it. I also scrape the carbon out of the burn pot every other day. These MT vernons are very picky. I think there controlled to much by the computer. When everything is perfect they run fine.

how old is the mt.vernon? has the venting been cleaned???

I just bought this stove in august and this is my first season with it.

check your vent cap if there is a screen on it i bet its plugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.