Mt Vernon when did they start making it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mhhamm

Dec 16, 2009
Utah
I see a lot of post about the trouble with the early Mt Vernon so when did they first produce it?

Thanks

There have been many problems with the early AE versions. I may be wrong but I think they started in 2006. According to mu local dealer they still have not gotten the fuel rate tables worked out for all areas.

I received my AE insert in December 2008. I have not had any problems. I was considering the Harmon Accentra insert which my neighbor has. I've been really pleased with my purchase and I believe many of the problems initially experienced in the early versions were resolved with stoves manufactured in the past 18 months.

I bought mine in Nov -06. Had all the usual new board and wall controls, new baffle plates etc.
They still need improvement on better choices for burning corn and a better igniter system as you can expect new igniter at least once a year.
other then that they seem pretty decent.
Wish list would be a larger ash pan. If you are burning corn hard it need dumping twice a day and it seems the pot has to shut down to many times to dump. The house cools off each time it dumps even with that cast iron baffle plate .

Status
Not open for further replies.