1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jj1949

jj1949 New Member

Loc:
    ND
    Would someone that is running a Mt Vernon AE freestanding pellet tell me what you're running your settings at if the stove is running in manual. I wish now that the installer would've put the thermostat further away from the stove as I find it is cycling to much. Stove and thermostat are in my living area, about 20 feet apart. I have the heat output set at 2 and the flame height set at 0.5. comfort level is at 71. Ceiling fans in living area, two bedrooms and kitchen that run most of the time for ciculation. I feel like I'm missing something on the true correct operation of this stove so I look to you for help.......PLease

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. teddy1971

teddy1971 Member

Loc:
    Orange County NY
    I have a MT Vrenon AE Freestanding like yours. The thermostat is @ 15 feet from the stove in a different room (the thermostat should not face the stove becuase it will be directly affected by the blowers). I set mine pretty High (75 degrees on medium heat, flame hight is .5). I usually set it to automatic since I used the program setting (I set it back to 68 degrees when no one is home). I live in a center hall colonial so I have to set it that high to get the temp upstairs to be @ 71 degrees. One of the best advice that I received on this forum was to put a fan on the floor in the door way facing the stove to help circulate the heat out of the room. I have a little fan (Honeywell Table Air Circulator Fan) that pushes the warm air out of the stove room. I also have a ceiling fan in the stove room set in reverse. It has only gotten down to @ 35 degrees here in Orange County NY but the house stays at @ 75 down stairs 70-71 upstairs. I hope this helps. Good Luck
  3. jj1949

jj1949 New Member

Loc:
    ND
    Thank you Teddy for your response, your advice will be helpful for me as I am so very new to this, disabled and live in a not so well insulated home. ND winters can become very cold and drawn out and I am looking forward to not freezing this winter as I did last. Good luck to you also and happy heating.
  4. globewyre

globewyre Member

Loc:
    North, NJ
    Mine is locate behind to the side of my stove which is a corner installation. I'm running it on manual M/H. I set my comfort level on 80 to try the knock the chill off the house in the morning. Then set it back to 65. I had to calibrate my tempature. It was 3 degress off. My differential is at 2.5 Check on Iburncorn.com forum they have a quadra fire section
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.