Mt Vernon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlbgarf

Aug 7, 2008
Vermont
I have a new Mt Vernon pellet stove which I love. Lately I hear a beeping type noise about every 5 minutes when it is running. Has anyone had this happen to them? If so did you figure out how to get rid of it? Thanks

Sorry I can't help fixing the problem. But the data point I have it that I've been running my stove about a month and have never heard it beep. I also double checked the manual and don't see anything there as a reference to audible alerts.

I believe it is a squeak that is coming from the under carriage on the auto cleaner for the burn pot. It is dry and the metal as it heats and expands is making the noise. Like I said I think.....

I put hi temp anti sieze on the rails for the auto clean mechanism to eliminate squeaking when in auto clean mode.

I do get that squeak occassionally as well during the actual autoclean cycle. It hasn't been on every cycle so I haven't worried about it. If it becomes more frequent, I may try the anti-seize option.

Status
Not open for further replies.