MTD GOLD 21 - Good deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobish

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2015
Golden CO
http://denver.craigslist.org/grd/5687959041.html

$700 OBO for this thing. Anything I should think to ask? is this is a good deal? i found a couple of reviews, but they seem to be mixed about this product.

I don't think that it is in the budget for this year, but I saw it come up and thought that if it was worth it I could maybe make it happen. I figure I will get one eventually, and renting will cost me $150-$200 to get through what I have piled up....

thoughts?

I am personally not a fan of the trunion mounts for the cylinder. Just my opinion. That said...it looks like a very lightly used machine from the pics. I don't see it as a grand bargain, but it probably is a reasonable price for that unit.

For just a little more you can buy a new County Line 22 ton which has great reviews. Also the DHT 22 ton is starting to get good reviews. I think another 100 or 200 more depending on sale prices.

Dht was having a factory sale, so I got a brand new warrantied one for $750.

Status
Not open for further replies.