mtd split-it

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4 cords

Aug 31, 2008
central ct
well I found a older mtd split-it splitter with a small tecumseh engine ran couple years ago ,I didnt pick up yet imagine I will - price was right didnt have a ton rating on it looks like 3.5 hp or under 5 hp anyway . Just wondering if they were good units or waste of time-money .I have a splitter already but found this figured may as well have 2 or just resell -thanks for any help

4 cords said:
well I found a older mtd split-it splitter with a small tecumseh engine ran couple years ago ,I didnt pick up yet imagine I will - price was right didnt have a ton rating on it looks like 3.5 hp or under 5 hp anyway . Just wondering if they were good units or waste of time-money .I have a splitter already but found this figured may as well have 2 or just resell -thanks for any help

Why do you figure you need two splitters? Don't know the unit, but judging from what you said about the engine size, sounds like it might be one of the smaller 10-12 ton units, which are OK for what they are, but not as good as the larger ones... Don't know about reselling it, but might be OK as an only splitter for those with smaller wood and / or lighter splitting needs.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.