Mudded Out!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henz

Mar 23, 2006
Northville, NY
Well, around here basically 90% of log-length firewood delivery has haulted..Too muddy. nobody is delivering..and we have a ban on the local roads until the "frost is out of the ground"

In NY firewood trucks are exemt from weight laws (no one is exempt from bridge laws). It's a form of fuel. A logging operation on the other hand is not exempt. Common sense must prevail . If a road is already torn up ,it's best not to tear it up more or you'll be getting a call from the road supervisor.

Adirondackwoodburner said:
Well, around here basically 90% of log-length firewood delivery has haulted..Too muddy. nobody is delivering..and we have a ban on the local roads until the "frost is out of the ground"

Sorry bro I feel bad for you, well not too bad you live in the Adirondacks ;-P I am sure things will get better soon

Hey, just wanted to let you know my Avalon Olympic rocks!!!! I am so happy with it.

Adirondackwoodburner said:

Around here they are called frost laws. On the books it is March through May, but each county actually calls their own. I do not expect them to stay on long this spring though.

Webmaster said:
Not really a mud season here in Southern New England....and I'm glad. The snow is mostly gone, and I can walk on the grass and mulch - of course, it helps that we have all paved roads and driveways!

You want mud take a ride on some of the dirt roads in the hilltowns. My driveway is still muddy on the edge but it's a perfect time to get some of the large boulders out of the wheel ruts. they almost pop out when you dig with the loader bucket. Was going to grade this week end but now they are talking heavy rain so I'll just wait till it dries. Overall not much frost in the ground this year because of the snow cover. We only had to walk in 3 or 4 times because of mud.

yeah, my grapple load wont get here until May I would expect. But, I ahve about 2 cord leftover and plenty of half downed or downed hardwoods, mostly cherry on my property that I will take care of until I get the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.