Mulberry galore...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chvymn99

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2010
Kansas
Well, I didn't get the front fence line, I'm getting the back fence line. Most of them are Mulberries, atleast 6-8 trees are what I'm hopeing for if things go right. I've already got 1 tree and 1 big limb. Its been nice just to saw and drag them to the back to cut them up. I'm just keeping the meat and potatoes of the tree.

Its good to feel the saw in the hands again. I needed a little break on my week of vacation.

Nice stuff. I love mulberry also. It can be a real challenge to split by hand though.

Reactions: chvymn99
I just wish I had more experience dropping trees, cause I'd love to get the big mulberry tree behind his garage. But I'm hoping that if things go right, he'll have his tree man just drop that tree and I'll clean it up. But I know what happened on the front line. I didn't get any, his tree man took it all. Thats why I'm tree to proactive to get what I can, while I can.

With a hydraulic splitter it should be all good this fall. Get them bucked and skidded up.

Reactions: ScotO
Primo wood, and that's a good-sized one! :cool: Are the rest that big? If so, you'll get a nice stack out of that score.

One should never cut mulberry if the birds are hungry. Nasty...

Primo wood, and that's a good-sized one! :cool: Are the rest that big? If so, you'll get a nice stack out of that score.

Actually those are kinda of the small tree and its branches. But yeah, there are two bigger trees that I'm aiming for, but one has Poison Ivy wrapped through it and the other is behind a shed.

Mulberry everywhere.....But that JD is Awesome! ;)

Mulberry everywhere.....But that JD is Awesome! ;)

Yes it definetly is awesome. The fun part is I find jobs to use it for that I'd use to do physically.

Reactions: smokinj
Here was yesterdays knock down. One limb of mulberry and two Hackberry's.

Reactions: ScotO
Great score, brother! I like mulberry, but haven't burned much of it here. I do have a nice sized one over on the farm that snapped in half to process sometime this winter, along with some dead elms on the same windrow.

Yes it definetly is awesome. The fun part is I find jobs to use it for that I'd use to do physically.

What Implements you have for it? (Not to derail the thread, but it is better than mulberry):)

nice weight rack, u must have a fe loader

hearing u guys talk, i assume mulberry has a high btu rating?

Yes, its right up there. But the great thing about Mulberry is that I can use it in my smoker too. Plus, the yellow color keeps the wood pile interesting.

Reactions: Plow Boy and ScotO
What Implements you have for it? (Not to derail the thread, but it is better than mulberry):)

I've got a loader for it, which came with the bucket. I then built a set of forks to replace the bucket (makes putting skids of wood on the front deck easy for the stove). Since its got the 3pt hitch I've got the Carry all forks, box blade, and tiller for it. Makes life a little easier and a whole lot more fun.

ive got a 5203 JD, it comes in handy pulling logs out of the woods or when i hang one up:eek:
just haven't been able to pull the trigger on a loader (alot of money). they say once u have one u cant go back.

I've got a loader for it, which came with the bucket. I then built a set of forks to replace the bucket (makes putting skids of wood on the front deck easy for the stove). Since its got the 3pt hitch I've got the Carry all forks, box blade, and tiller for it. Makes life a little easier and a whole lot more fun.

Sounds like a lot of cheating going on......;)

ive got a 5203 JD, it comes in handy pulling logs out of the woods or when i hang one up:eek:
just haven't been able to pull the trigger on a loader (alot of money). they say once u have one u cant go back.

Yep, and you continually find jobs for it or figure how to utilize it for that job. Capacity is about 500-750lbs, that makes quite a bit duable.

Reactions: Trilifter7
Status
Not open for further replies.