Mulberry galore...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yep you better believe it. :cool: Wouldn't trade it for much, unless I went with the diesel 4wd.

How much property you working with?

Reactions: chvymn99
How much property you working with?

My property is just a sliver from an 1 acre. A little big for the grass mowing job. But I bought it for the hydraulic capability and the work that I could use it for. It gets its work out on moving wood around, two gardens duties, and snow removal duties.

Reactions: smokinj
Wow that's a whole new level of over kill. Man that is Awesome!

Yes, its right up there. But the great thing about Mulberry is that I can use it in my smoker too. Plus, the yellow color keeps the wood pile interesting.

It's even cooler as it seasons and turns from yellow to a reddish!

And yep you better believe it. :cool: Wouldn't trade it for much, unless I went with the diesel 4wd.

Right there with ya! I love my 445 with the loader! I'm on 1.3 acres with a 60" deck !!! What series is yours chvymn?

Mulberry's great stuff,one of my favs for burning,outdoor cooking & small woodworking projects.

Yes, its right up there. But the great thing about Mulberry is that I can use it in my smoker too. Plus, the yellow color keeps the wood pile interesting.

Yea. I did a pork butt and ribs with it. Tasty! Fruitless mulberry all over here. It looks the same, still haven't pinned the BTU's on fruitless mulberry.

Well, I knocked down another section of the tree today. Have one more section to remove tomorrow. But the heat and humidity got to me, I had to go take a dive in the pool and cool off. But there should be quite abit of wood come out of this tree.

Darn truck got parked in the woodlot and blocked my drop route. So I had to force the knock down zone, so came the chain and tow strap. And two of thinking about it.

Everything went to plan except for the back limb that I had to cut to gain excess to the main trunk. When it fell it, the top flipped it around and ended up in the garage. Good thing the garage is going to be demolished when his new garage is built. But it landed where I had planned it to land, so I was glad of that.

Those come-backers are scary. I can remember cutting a limb off a down tree, it landed on the top and shot the bottom straight at me. _g I got lucky on that one....lesson learned!

Status
Not open for further replies.