mulberry score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
very nice

Dang! I wanna try Mulberry but just can't seem to find it. Not that it doesn't grow here, its just not on my land and I've not found a scrounge...yet...

Nice score
Looks like a hot day.

Was a nice size tree, will make some nice splits & add some color to the wood stacks :)

Reactions: Woody Stover
85 here today bogy..gonna wait until later this evening to split and stack

Nice score steeltown, nice big rounds. I dipped into some smaller mulberry splits the end of this winter that were only 8 mo. CSS. Burned great. Splits easy, too.

well this was a yard tree...so u know what that means....it split like chit...i had lots of cutting to size ...guy that cut it down left many pieces long...had to trim off lots of limbs from pieces......even hand to noodle some of the real knotty stuff.....anyways its done....man its super heavy and dense..gotta be good stuff

a heck of a nice score. I'd love to find one big enough to mill the trunk into some boards. I think that is some pretty wood in the heart of a mulberry tree.....
Come out this way, I have a mulberry about 18"-20" destined for my stove, it's still in log form

Reactions: Thistle and ScotO
Mulberry is a great firewood. Love the way it crackles and pops. Just keep the door closed on the stove.

its super heavy and dense..gotta be good stuff
It is good stuff, but it will get lighter as it dries. I grab it every time, but the woods trees I get aren't that big. Nice score! :cool:

Reactions: Thistle
Very nice. Mulberry is great wood, although you need to watch out for snaps, crackles and pops when you open the door. It does shoot off sparks.

Reactions: ScotO and Thistle
Great score!
I went to get some today that I was told was "cut to size" so I didn't take "Dex" with me (my saw) and when I got there I found some 8' long 18" logs!!!

I'll have to go back this weekend and buck it up.

Reactions: DexterDay
Go get it!! Now!

Great score!
I went to get some today that I was told was "cut to size" so I didn't take "Dex" with me (my saw) and when I got there I found some 8' long 18" logs!!!

I'll have to go back this weekend and buck it up.

Well, we are supposed to have torrential rains til this weekend, and it's on private land... it SHOULD still be there :)

Love that Mullberry! The stuff is so brightly yellow when first split, then it ages to a deep, rusty orange red after a while. But split that split again and it's the bright yellow on the inside again. So that is my sure fire method to identify the stuff if I'm ever so lucky to get any again. Great score.

a heck of a nice score. I'd love to find one big enough to mill the trunk into some boards. I think that is some pretty wood in the heart of a mulberry tree.....

Like this? Found one 15" round (the butt end of tree) & about a wheelbarrow's worth of smaller stuff on the curb while going to grocery store Saturday morning.Heavy rain & thunder/lightning,but I still stopped.;)

Some other chunks last September from monster tree at SE corner of backyard,most of tree is in 3 neighbors but I get the majority of shade from it.Tree service took most of south part along powerlines,I ended up with about 1/2 p/u load. >>

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 93
  • PICT0014.JPG
    PICT0014.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 89
An ad popped up yesterday for a mulberry that was cut and bucked last year. just a few miles from home. I'll probably go get some just because it's such nice wood, even though I'm not sure where I'll put it.

Inquiring minds want to know . . . did you go around and around the mulberry bush . . . and was it so early in the morning? ;)

Reactions: PapaDave
Status
Not open for further replies.