multi fuel boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdurant

Nov 4, 2007
Blairsville PA
Hey Eric and anybody else. Does anybody have a AHS (alternate Heating Systems) multi fuel boiler. I burn wood and coal. I spoke to an employee and got some infomation in the mail. The seem to be built very heavy duty. The carry a 5 yr. warranty (royall has a 20). AHS has a bitmn. coal package. The baffle on the boiler is lined with firebrick. The only thing I question is the grates. Look it over on the web and tell me what you think. ( I am going to heat my garage, workshop, and home with this unit)

I think that's a gasification boiler. I saw an AHS Wood Gun at the Farm Show in Syracuse last week. They look really well built. I'd like to see one operating. Not sure if the multi-fuel model is a gasifier, but I bet it is.

They have gasifier that is a very good boiler. They also make a coal boiler that is different. I don't know anything about that one but I don't think it is a gasifier.
Their wood gasifier can be multi fuel as the gas or oil burner is in a seperate chamber.
leaddog

Status
Not open for further replies.