Multi-sensor Thermometer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadNH

Hearth Supporter
Aug 8, 2010
Central NH
I own a multi-family home in Cental, NH. Tenants live upstairs, I am below them. Of course, they are using the heat quite a bit already, which there has been some chilly nights, but not cold enough to be warrent the furnance kicking in as much as it is. I purhasedan Englander 30-NC this falland will be installing it in my apartment in the next couple weeks.

I am wanting to monitor the temperature in the 4 main roomsupstars and have a read out in my apartment. Rather than buying 4 different I was wondering if anyone has seen something that would have this feature. Le me know if you have.

Thanks!

Chad

A quick search produced several 3 channel wireless thermometers for an out of the box approach. wirelss multi channel thermometer. Another approach would be to use Dallas 1 wire sensors in a wired setup, and then you could have far more than 3 sensors, if you wanted: Data Logging. The 1 wire solution produces a computer data file plus prints a chart, if you wish. Hope you find what you are looking for.

jebatty said:
A quick search produced several 3 channel wireless thermometers for an out of the box approach. wirelss multi channel thermometer. Another approach would be to use Dallas 1 wire sensors in a wired setup, and then you could have far more than 3 sensors, if you wanted: Data Logging. The 1 wire solution produces a computer data file plus prints a chart, if you wish. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Yes, I found those same ones lastnight as well. Do you think if I purchased two of the same brand the sensors would interfere with each other and provide false readings?

a RANCO controller lets you add multiple sensors and will average the temp. dont know if thats what youre looking for

Do you think if I purchased two of the same brand the sensors would interfere with each other and provide false readings?

If I were a betting person, I would bet that they all run on the same channels and they would interfere. If you could get a manual on-line or elsewhere, you might find whether they have a switch for different channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.