Multifuel options and corrosion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 30+ year old oil boiler has a couple issues every year, and it may be time to think about a replacement. I am thinking about a wood gasser/oil multifuel with storage (maybe added later, depending on budget).

-what are the good options right now? Any final word on when is the right time to buy?
-Has anyone tracked down that cold return water corrosion issue, and is it eliminated in a multifuel system?
-Would the system act as "tankless" if I did not have storage (forgive the stupid question)?

I'm sure that I'll have many more questions, thanks

Not really much other than Tarm's Excel in the multi-fuel gasification market.

All boilers should have return water protection.

Excel boilers generally have a short lead time. Installers may or may not be able to install during the busy season, due to pre-scheduled work.

You can run without storage, and either run warm-start or cold-start, but storage is always better...

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.