Multifunctional Thermometer/

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lightyear

Dec 24, 2010
Maryland
What can you reccommend that will read temps for outside, inside at one location, at a second location, and humidity level indoors?

Thanks. Hoping to stay under $75 for sure, but hoping to really be under $50

Merry Christmas!

Hello

This radio shack unit is 3 channel for 3 remote locations that can monitor temperature and moisture!!

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11361231

Stay on top of the weather.

Know what's coming with RadioShack's Premier Weather Station. It offers updated weather forecasts of sunny, partly cloudy, cloudy, rainy, or snowy and alerts of extreme heat, windy, storms, fog or frost. It operates on easy-to-find "AA" batteries.

3-channel wireless in/out thermometer/hygrometer with remote thermo/hygro sensor & digital clock
Outdoor temperature/humidity with trends (up to 3-channels), indoor temperature/humidity w/ trends
Next 12-hr. weather with pressure trend
Digital clock and calendar; daily Hi/Lo memory for in/outdoor temperature/humidity; Moon Phase

DexterDay said:
I have this Oregon Scientific model. Can read 4 different rooms (indoors or out).

Lets me know the temp in my room (Base unit) and in both of my kids rooms. Along with Humidity.

http://www.OregonScientificStore.co...ic-+ECO-Clima-Control-Weather-Monitor.product
I see the four sections on the screen for measuring diff areas. So what does the main larger numbers reading at the top? Maybe the room temp of where this unit resides? Or i think outside temps. If so then it actually reads 5 locations? Is this correct?

jdempsey said:
DexterDay said:
I have this Oregon Scientific model. Can read 4 different rooms (indoors or out).

Lets me know the temp in my room (Base unit) and in both of my kids rooms. Along with Humidity.

http://www.OregonScientificStore.co...ic-+ECO-Clima-Control-Weather-Monitor.product
I see the four sections on the screen for measuring diff areas. So what does the main larger numbers reading at the top? Maybe the room temp of where this unit resides? Or i think outside temps. If so then it actually reads 5 locations? Is this correct?

Dont remember exactly how many. But I think it does 5 locations. The base measures the temp of the room its in and can accept 4 remote sensors (I think).

The top one is set up for the outdoor sensor (but I have it in my Sons room).

When I 1st bought it, I set them all next to one another and they read within 2 tenths ( .2 degrees). Its actually a really nice unit and can see all rooms at a glance. Also has a Solar panel on the back to charge the rechargeable battery.

I also have 2 other units that read indoor and outdoor temps. One in kitchen and the other in the basement. One outdoor sensor is in the weather, the other is in the shade. So I know what temps outside are, no matter where I am at.

Im a little ridiculous about temps. Regardless of inside or outside. Always comparing temps from outside to inside and the settings I am running to get the temps I need.

I have an older OS. Mine takes up to two remote sensors, but does humidity on the sensors too. I've been happy with it, lasts a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.