multiple chainsaw storage rack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taconite

Dec 30, 2009
Northern L.P. of Michigan
I was curious of what others have come up with as far as a chainsaw storage rack. Over the years, I have acquired about 8 saw and they range anywhere from a 36" bars to a 16". They take up a bunch of room and I was thinking of building shelving/ storage rack for these because I do not saw in the winter. Any ideas or thoughts?

In my shop I screwed a 1"x8" x8' long hemlock board between 2 post about 36" off the floor. Then to this I screwed some short 6" pieces on each end and one in the middle. Then another long board on top of the short peices which creates a long 1" slot in which you can slide the bar of a saw down into verticly. Cheap and effective.

Basic shelves. Saws store at an angle.

Attachments

• stihl.jpg
    stihl.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 10,110
Status
Not open for further replies.