music from tree rings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogdor

Jan 13, 2015
Ontario
This is dated, but nifty.

some guy rigged a turntable out with some sensors, linked it to keys on a piano through a computer and then put plays different species of wood.

http://traubeck.com/years/

pretty out there

Reactions: Wisneaky
That is actually really neat. You should have a different title though. Maybe music from tree rings or something. I almost didn't even look at the thread because I was like what the hell is that.

Hey, that's pretty wild, who'd a thunk it?
Can't do that now...a chunk of wood stuffed into the USB port doesn't do a darn thing ;lol

Hey, that's pretty wild, who'd a thunk it?
Can't do that now...a chunk of wood stuffed into the USB port doesn't do a darn thing ;lol
Turn tables are huge now, I have a '66 ish era Thorens on my rack- wouldn't dare play wood slices on it.

That is actually really neat. You should have a different title though. Maybe music from tree rings or something. I almost didn't even look at the thread because I was like what the hell is that.
changed up that title... thanks for the suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.