Muss - speaking of Maine Choice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hossthehermit

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Maine, ayuh, by gorry
Hey, Muss, haven't seen ya around much. So anyway, what's the story on the mill in Strong? Are they rebuilding, or what? Kinda wondering the same thing about the Ashland mill, anybody heard??

the dealer where I got my maine choice said they would be back on line in a few months.

Bump......
Updates, anyone?????????
New mill in Unity area????????
Anybody in these areas seeing signs of construction????????

hossthehermit said:
Bump......
Updates, anyone?????????
New mill in Unity area????????
Anybody in these areas seeing signs of construction????????

I think you are talking about Burnham where they make golf tees?

I drove by there a couple weeks ago and I didn't see any signs of construction at the current mill, they could be building the pellet mill somewhere else that I didn't see.

I haven't been through Strong in a while, but I the last time I was up there they were rebuilding.

Heard through the grape vine that the Maine Choice mill will be back on line in about a month.

BJN644 said:
Heard through the grape vine that the Maine Choice mill will be back on line in about a month.

Keepin' my fingers crossed, thanks for the update.

I went through Burnham yesterday and no sign of any building yet. I wounder if they scrapped the project.

hossthehermit I E-mailed the sales directer for Geneva Wood Fuels on 4-17-2010 and he said "they are expecting to have product available mid to Late May"

Status
Not open for further replies.