Must be spring - the bears are out!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
This little troublemaker (I think collar is for "bad" bears that like peoples houses) was in the neighborhood today.

Attachments

• springbear.jpg
    springbear.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 635
Ohh man, that shure makes me not want spring to come. We have alot of bears around the property. We have to keep the garage closed and the bbq and trash all stowed away. We see bears almost every morning and they make my wife nervous (and me a little too). It only took one time of leaving the trash out, now there part of the family. I will have to get some good photos. I do have one quick story.
We have a breezway that connects my house to my garage, one morning last fall my wife was leaving from work and there was a bear on the breezway right by the front door. We had a little poodle at the time, which ran like a bat out of hell after the bear and chased it off. Its was one of the most funny sights i have seen in a while. I thouhgt for shure she was a goner, but a few minutes later she came prancing back all proud of her self. Good doggie!
Ryan

A guy sent me a video yesterday of a house cat chasing a bear away.

Status
Not open for further replies.