Must Be Xmass in February - I too Got The X27 Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

Man this thing is sweet. Split some black locust and red maple with it today, cuts like butta.

Attachments

• fiska.jpg
    fiska.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 250
  • fk.jpg
    fk.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 249
Ya we can be X27 buddies for a day woot congratulations !! lol

Pete

yea Pete, This thing is sweet. I already own the 15 and the 7 and they are great in their own right, but for splitting this thing is pretty sweet. I use the 7 inside the house to split pallets pieces into kindlin'. I have about 15 twenty inch long rounds for saturday. I still own my trusty Ludell 8lb maul but I will be using my new toy for some time to come. Enjoy yours

I busted up an ash round that has defeated my 4 ton splitters well as my double head axe tonight ! Here is the kicker it came apart with 2 hits by came apart I mean it flew in two directions like a couple of missiles. That is one sweet axe and kind dangerious too lol. MAN I LOVE THIS THING ! Enjoy yours too Kat it is a nice change for sure.

Pete

Stretch a bungee cord around the round to hold it together! Works great !

I am still very happy with my older Fiskars Super Splitting Axe, but I'd like to try one of those X27s. I can imagine that the extra few inches of handle could make it quite a formidable weapon. I'm just not sure if I could aim right with the longer handle after a few years with the shorter handle.

Flatbedford said:
I am still very happy with my older Fiskars Super Splitting Axe, but I'd like to try one of those X27s. I can imagine that the extra few inches of handle could make it quite a formidable weapon. I'm just not sure if I could aim right with the longer handle after a few years with the shorter handle.

I am slightly paranoid with every swing. I find myself measuring every time I swing, which is technically what you should do, but I have been using my 8lb maul for so long that I know my distances. It will take me some splitting practice with this baby until i get the hang of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.