MWP and Turmans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lordgrinz

Jun 20, 2010
Western MA
Well just finished testing 4 bags of Maine Woods Pellets and they seem pretty decent, they smell like crayons right out of the bag. They have a light fluffy ash it seems, not really sure how much, but its seem acceptable, and very little dust, thank God! Today will be the first bag of Turmans, they are so confident of their dust factor that they are in clear bags! They actually smell like wood, oak would be my guess, and its a very faint smell(nice!), though these are expensive! Its going to be hard going back to my Okies supply, I am so turned off by the dust, that I dread pouring the bags. I have tried my best to pour slower, etc. but the dust eventually goes everywhere. I don't enjoy cleaning everything else in the house and the stove!!! Okies do burn well though, and very little ash, I may still go with more of them due to cost/heat/consistency, but please God make the next batch Dustless!!!!

I have been burning Turmans for a few years now in both my Quads..I have tried many brands and they burn the bset..little ash, few clinkers, good heat..i tried some cheaper pellets..but always go back!

Status
Not open for further replies.