mwp-n-greene team

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfgmt

Feb 22, 2010
maine
we bought 2 tons of greene team pellets before the season started and the stove on the lowest setting of 1-1 was driving us out of the house (80's) even when the temps went down to the 20's we had to open a few windows.Two days ago My dad surprised us with a ton of Maine Woods pellets I was told that they will not burn as hot as the Greene Team so I was happy to give it a try today the house has stayed at 76-78 and has been that way all day with the windows closed so sometimes its better to have a pellet that doesn't burn as hot

Or a thermostat lol.

slls said:
Or a thermostat lol.
I was thinking about the way that would work with my stove the way the ash pot is designed it builds up quite a bit in front of the auger and igniter wouldn't this make it hard for the stove to keep shutting down and restarting because of the ash in front of the igniter

Everybody has there own way of doing things. To each his/her own as they say.

I use the thermostat as my equalizer. I use shoulder pellets in the fall/spring and move to the better stuff when the cold creeps in without adjusting the settings on my stove. There isn't any issue with adjusting with pellets. No different than burning the lesser stuff in the shoulders to save a buck or 2. If you can adjust the heat level in your house to suit your needs, By all means do it any way you possibly can. And saving a buck while your at it doesn't hurt either. After all thats kind of why we bought our stoves in the first place, Right?

And the price was right on the mwp my Dad gave them to us he said something about having to use some kind of coupon or something before it expired and he didn't need anything from that store. I said they were going for around 200 a ton and He said he paid way less than that because he used it he must have won some drawing or something

Status
Not open for further replies.