mwp now has hardwood mix and softwood super premium?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
I have some stashed away but can't see what exactly last years blend was.... I do remember someone saying that they were super pre. Quality... Is that now renamed as super premium? Or is this something new?

iceman said:
I have some stashed away but can't see what exactly last years blend was.... I do remember someone saying that they were super pre. Quality... Is that now renamed as super premium? Or is this something new?

its something new, ice. They will have two variants

SIB in Jay, ME is advertising the hardwood pellets at $199 picked up vs. $210 for the softwood super premium (he lists the hardwood at $224 delivered and the softwood super premium at $235 delivered - I assume the pickup discount is the same).

I had very go luck with the hardwoods last year and am anxious to compare the super premium.

The hardwoods I burned last season had Super premium results from a standard grade pellet. MWP has seemed to get what we were gripping about. They were the cheapest pellet in my area, But had better performance than many mid to upper level brands that had a much higher price tag!

I will be getting some of the Softwoods to review in the fall. From what I hear they are gunning for the BC softwoods with these new softies. :cheese:

j-takeman said:
The hardwoods I burned last season had Super premium results from a standard grade pellet. MWP has seemed to get what we were gripping about. They were the cheapest pellet in my area, But had better performance than many mid to upper level brands that had a much higher price tag!

I will be getting some of the Softwoods to review in the fall. From what I hear they are gunning for the BC softwoods with these new softies. :cheese:

Yeah! Boyeeee!
Okies has some comp? But to bad from what I have seen they are the same price as okies.... So unless I find them cheaper... I gotta stick with what I know!

But if you wanna split a ton I am in!

iceman said:
Yeah! Boyeeee!
Okies has some comp? But to bad from what I have seen they are the same price as okies.... So unless I find them cheaper... I gotta stick with what I know!

I'm not sure? They might need some time to get the start up stuff out of the way. I'm hoping they do well, But Okies are so consitent. It would be hard to change. Unless there was a good cost savings(like you said)!

I'm stuffed to the rafters at the moment. If I get more it wont be till fall. I don't want any outside. Thanks for the offer though! :)

Anyone else in CT want to split a ton with ice????

j-takeman said:
iceman said:
Yeah! Boyeeee!

I'm not sure? They might need some time to get the start up stuff out of the way. I'm hoping they do well, But Okies are so consitent. It would be hard to change. Unless there was a good cost savings(like you said)!

I'm stuffed to the rafters at the moment. If I get more it wont be till fall. I don't want any outside. Thanks for the offer though! :)

Anyone else in CT want to split a ton with ice????

I am stuffed to still trying to figure out a way to tell the wife she can't use the garage this year!
Over 10 cords of wood in the yard and 5 ton in my room where the pellet stove is! But can't pass on the tsc - lowes deal....

iceman said:
j-takeman said:

Yeah! Boyeeee!

The day MWP compete on par with Okies will be the day the world ends...
Still feeling the sting from the sub sub sub premium pellets this company put out a couple years back...the only use for them was for traction on icy walkways.
But if you want a pellet on par with Okies...you could try Vermonters...burned 4 tons of them last Winter without incident.

IMHO, The Vermonts out-perform the Okies.

SOME bags (not all) had a little more fines than others, but they burned nice and hot (Without properly measuring I can't say hottER, but it felt it) and way cleaner. Again, not scientific, but there was almost ZERO carbon build-up and the ash was very, very low.

I know thats a tall claim, but the Okies were a bit dustier, some smelled like cat pee and there was a bit more carbon. I love both of these pellets, but I put my $$$ into the Vermonts this year. I might still buy a pallet of Okies I can get a good deal on them, but I feel good about my load of VTs for this year.

Oh, and the wife likes the smell of the raw VT pellets, so they definitely get the nod!

i got 3 tons delivered yesterday from sibs...in jay...
he brings them right in the garage for you dont have to handle anything..
he said they were made last week...cant get any fresher..
this year he said they are a 65% hardwood 35% softwood..mix..
he guarantees them....
says if you have any problems the mill will drive to your house and change them out..
dont get any better than that....214/ton delivered......

Status
Not open for further replies.