MWP or Energex (shoulder season)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike D

Feeling the Heat
Nov 7, 2008
North Haven, CT
I can get MWP ($249/ton) or Energex ($239/ton) - thoughts?

I did burn a few bags of Energex late last season and they seemed fine, along the lines of Green Teams (ashy but decent heat for the shoulder season), but I've never burned MWPs before.

My vote goes to Energex!

Got to go with what you already know. Energex being a tick cheaper is a plus IMHO. But try some of the MWP for future reference JIC they become the deal next season.

Thanks for the opinion - I've heard MWP's on the boards before but never had the chance to try them. And with the box stores not carrying quality pellets around here (both have Green Supreme or NEWP) - or jacking the price up on the GT "Platinums" ($279/ton - Lowes) - it's time to look for another source with reasonable prices, especially if the BB stores don't hold their contractor special this year.

Quick question - this dealer is selling the Energex 'American' - does that impact your opinion?

Quick question - this dealer is selling the Energex 'American' - does that impact your opinion?

I was assuming the American. So opinion still stands. The Green bag Canadian version are slightly higher quality, But usually fetch a bit more cash.

Are the MWP the blend or the 100% softwood? That might change opinions.

indeed. the blend is not a bad pellet. but $249 is too much if it's the blend.

Thats about the going rate for them in CT. TSC has em for around $239 in the TSC branded bag.

i thought that as i hit enter for that post.
hope it doesn't come to that here.
but i'm sticking with my plan to fill my basement up a little extra each year.

but i'm sticking with my plan to fill my basement up a little extra each year.

ditto here - I've got about 3 tons from the early Spring buy, but looking to keep adding a few more if the price seems right.

I burned both last year, mwp from tsc and energex from agway.

the mwp were a far superior pellet in every way.
heat, ash, dust, etc...

Reactions: St_Earl
Status
Not open for further replies.