MWP pellets at TSC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CD2011

Aug 28, 2011
Massachusetts
Tractor Supply in Leominster Ma has pallets and pallets of pellets for $214.50 til Sunday and will hold til October.

The bags say Premium Wood Pellets, made in Maine, and in smaller print is MWP.

Any thoughts on the quality of these pellets?

I burned half a ton of those last year. Same bag, bought at wally world. Burned good enough for me to buy a ton from my pellet house this year for the shoulder season. Most likely would be fine for the whole heating season, but played it safe and scored 3 ton of MWP softies.

At 214.50/ton, I would give them a try.

not a bad price, but the october thing scares me.......my advice would be to get em to your place now, if you buy em

i have no complaints. easily kept me warm all winter. no clinkers.
bought several more tons this year. (check my signature)
this pellet though seems to have the widest range of opinions held about it of any on this forum.
some swear by them. some people even say it's the worst they've ever burned.
but i will keep using them.
i did get 2 ton of the mwp softies this year. $235 delivered is the reason why. no way in hell i will pay close to or at $300 a ton in the current pricing framework for a "premium" pellet.

not a bad price, but the october thing scares me.......my advice would be to get em to your place now, if you but em

X2, I have a hard time believing that they will hold on to stock at TSC. Most likely they will have your purchase amount on hand, but maybe not the same brand.

no way in hell i will pay close to or at $300 a ton in the current pricing framework for a "premium" pellet.

Same here, could not justify the Spruce Pointe pricing this year when I could get MWP soft at 249 (SIB does not deliver here ... grrrrrrrr)

Status
Not open for further replies.