MWP pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pellet_OilBoy

Feb 12, 2011
Western Maine
Just started burning MWP pellets today. They seem to be burning good but they do have a weird smell. Should I be concerned at how small the pellets are? I've burned energex, northeast and Maines Choice before and never seen pellets this small. Does that make a difference?

Pellet_OilBoy said:
Just started burning MWP pellets today. They seem to be burning good but they do have a weird smell. Should I be concerned at how small the pellets are? I've burned energex, northeast and Maines Choice before and never seen pellets this small. Does that make a difference?

Whenever you change your fuel you have to make certain that your stove is set to burn the new fuel.

Solid fuel is not all the same size, the standards allow for what is actually a fairly large variation.

That and other reasons are why pellet stoves have adjustments.

Consult your manual, MWP are a blend.

My stove is a Quad Mt. Vernon on a thermostat so all I had to do was change from Hardwood pellet to softwood pellet (the dealer told me if the pellet has any softwood to set it to softwood pellet). Stove seems to be running just fine. Was just concerned about the itty bitty pellets. I think if anything I screw with the settings too much, can't help it.

You also need to do one other thing and that is to verify that you still have the proper flame height.

At times I get the inside scoop. The smaller size was to improve heat output from certain stoves. They also increased density for the same reason. We asked for a hotter pellet and they held up there end. Corinth has also increased density to improve the heat output.

Thanks guys! Will check the flame height. Pellets seem to be giving good heat. Will know better if/when we get one of those real cold nights again

Hello

Our HD just go some in. Time to try them. :)

Attachments

• MWPpriceSC.jpg
    MWPpriceSC.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 314
  • MWPsc.jpg
    MWPsc.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 314
Status
Not open for further replies.