mwp softies

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a ton of them delivered from Paris Farmers Union

Do you know how much he charges for delivery?
it's mileage based. he charges $75 to come all the way up to millinocket.
if you live right down the road from him, it could be as low as $5 iirc.
flat rate. not per ton.

my advice is not to go overboard on the mwp softies. 5 bags or so should give you a read on the heat and how they treat your sove.
not really much more heat than the mwp blend. and really not a hell of a lot cleaner either.
*in my opinion and experience*

though some others here have a similar experience/opinion as me, there is at least one person here who loves these.
you never know until you try, exactly how your stove in its set up and environment will burn a given pellet.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where to buy mwp softies in the central Maine area? I would like to give them a try.
Feed store in downtown Gardiner, by the Hannafords has had them recently, $219 a ton, but they said their customers preferred the blend. So, I'd call them first just to see if they have them. I tried 3 bags, and they were okay, too dusty for my liking, but they burned fine and hot. Sorry, don't know about delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.