MWP softs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bugize

Aug 26, 2006
Skowhegan,Maine
I have mentioned this is other threads,but i gotta tell you folks that,the more i burn of these pellets,the more i am impressed.
11 days ago i shut down my insert and did a complete cleaning.
I have yet to empty my ash pan...which you all know on a insert,they arnt very big,normally it;s 5-6 days top...and i think i can go another 2 days to be honest.
The glass has only a small film around the outside edge....normally with other pellets,it would be very dark on the whole thing after 5-6 days.
When i first got my insert i tried a few bags of Cubex,which seemed good,but havnt done any long time burning of these as i would have to drive a half hour and pay 300$ per ton....not worth it!
I have used SprucePointes,Northeast(which is good too) Independence,MWP blend,Geneva.
To me,this is hands down the best one...even if i could get SprucePointes at the same price,i would still go with these...no if's,ands,or buts.
I dont know what the btu rating is,all i know is i get great heat and the cleanest burn i ever had and will not use anything but these,unless i absolutly have too!
And no...i am not a paid spokesman....LOL

I haven't tapped into my ton of MWP Softies yet. Probably will once I finish my first ton of the MWP blend (24th bag in the hopper now, 10 of which are from last years stash and 14 of which are from this years purchases so I predict I will be done with the first ton of MWP blend on or around the 1st of the year.) With Harman stoves you theoretically should get the same amount of heat output (BTU/hr) no matter what pellet you use. Where the different pellets come into play, is how fast you burn through a bag. Unlike some other stoves, the control board regulates the heat output and then tells the auger when to feed pellets to the burnpot

Yes,i have noticed the same thing with the heat output...
Thats why i base my opinion on how fast the stove gets dirty,amount of fines,and price.
These are great

I too am really impressed by the clean burn, lack of ash and heat output, best pellet for the money that I have tried. I am regretting getting the two skids of LaCrete's, I wished that I would have bought three more tons of the MWP softies. Live and learn. Nice to have a good Maine pellet.

I have some MWP softies also 3 tons of them . I hope they are great . I am burning MWP blend right now . I may have to break out the softies going down to 10 degrees Friday night :eek: brrrrrrrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.