MWP Softwoods To Be Sold Outside Of Maine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

subsailor

Minister of Fire
Dec 8, 2011
Winthrop, Maine
Through a distributor in Vermont, of all places. The name of the place is Pellets Now (pelletsnow.com) in St. Johnsbury. According to their website, they only distribute MWP and Turmans. It looks as though they have a network of dealers throughout New England. So maybe they will be coming to a store near you!

Through a distributor in Vermont, of all places. The name of the place is Pellets Now (pelletsnow.com) in St. Johnsbury. According to their website, they only distribute MWP and Turmans. It looks as though they have a network of dealers throughout New England. So maybe they will be coming to a store near you!

Did you order any from SIB yet?

There not exclusive to Maine. I bought them last year at HD in NH.

Tom C.

They made it all the way down here to CT. But the dealer recieved only a truck load or 2. Sold out pretty quickly. Thats why I didn't get a sample to review. They were only selling by the ton and not the bag by the time I found out they had them.

Maybe this year if they get anymore?

On the fence about ordering some of the MWP softwood. I have never tried them and don't seem to be able to read much about how they burn.

How do they burn? I'd like to try a few bags.

I've got 2 tons on order but I've never burned them before. Most people that have say they are a very good pellet. I'm currently burning MWP blend and they should be better than that so I anticipate I'll be happy with them.

On the fence about ordering some of the MWP softwood. I have never tried them and don't seem to be able to read much about how they burn.

Best pellet I have burned, and I think that the MWP Blend are the worst pellet I have ever burned. I burn 6 tons per year, and what I have burned in the past includes: CleanFire Hardwood, Maine's Choice, LG's, Okanagan, CleanFire Pacific, MWP Blend, MWP Softwood.

sinnan thanks. It's my second year of almost all Okies, but for warm days trying to stretch my stash I have been burning some MWP at $3.98 a bag, and find them very dirty also.
Would like some more Okies, but at around $300 a ton I am not buying. That's why my interest in the MWP softwood burn opinions.

Best pellet I have burned, and I think that the MWP Blend are the worst pellet I have ever burned. I burn 6 tons per year, and what I have burned in the past includes: CleanFire Hardwood, Maine's Choice, LG's, Okanagan, CleanFire Pacific, MWP Blend, MWP Softwood.

I'm burning MWP blend right now. Worst pellet I've ever burned was Maine Choice. I took them back they were so bad and my stove will burn anything.

I'm burning MWP blend right now. Worst pellet I've ever burned was Maine Choice. I took them back they were so bad and my stove will burn anything.

I burned 6 tons of Maine's Choice in 2009 and they were not that bad. Not as much heat as the softwoods, but a LOT more heat the MWP Blend, and a lot LESS ash than the MWP Blend.

Maybe we both got bad batches ???

SIBS called today, and my 5 tons of the MWP Softwood will be delivered on the 18th. :)

SIBS called today, and my 5 tons of the MWP Softwood will be delivered on the 18th. :)

I've got 2 tons coming on the 21st.

What are you guys paying per ton for these? I found a dealer not too far away (40 mins.) carryong MWP softwoods who quoted me $313 a ton. A little steep for me when I can go the same distance and get Vts. For $260...

that's a lot steep.
of course i'm getting mine from sib. and he does volume so gets them cheaper than just about anybody.
$235 delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.