MWP supper softwood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've burned about a dozen bags so far of the 4 tons I ordered for this burning season. They burn very hot in my Quadrafire stove - my convection blower stays on pretty much full time even on the medium feed setting, where typically it would cycle on and off as the snap disc temps dropped off w/ a less 'hot' pellet.

I burned Okanagan's last season (at about $300 a ton delivered), and I find the MWP 100% softwoods to be comparable in heat out put w/ very little ash production and significantly less fines and sawdust than the Oakies, which get loaded / unloaded multiple times in their travels from BC Canada to New England which seems to increase the amount of sawdust and fines. As always, "your results may vary".

I want to support 'made in maine' companies, even more - so if they are competitive in pricing and quality. It sounds like MWP has had problems keeping up w/ demand for the 100% softwoods, so if you have access to them I would snap them up.

thanks for your thoughts, I think I'll jump on this since it seems I might be a lucky one who can find these now. Hot low ash how can I go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.