My 2 choices: Greene Team Gold Premium vs. NEWP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
NEWP=$255/ton plus $100 delivery
Greene Team Gold Premium=$275/ton plus $75 delivery

One would think I shouldn't think twice and buy the NEWP, however this Greene Team Gold Premium brand seems to burn very hot and good. I don't recall if the NEWP brand was as good.

Wondering if the $ difference is worth the expense.

I need 3 tons.....

What you think and which one would you pick?

I have had good luck with NEWP. I just ordered 3 tons of CleanFire for $269 which is NEWP in disguise. On the other hand, if the Green Team worked for you and the price is very close then you probably couldn't go wrong there.

geek said:
NEWP=$255/ton plus $100 delivery
Greene Team Gold Premium=$275/ton plus $75 delivery......

I hope those delivery prices are for more than 1 ton :bug:

As far as NEWP, I burned 3 tons through my Astoria this past winter....no problems at all.....good pellet. I never burned Greene Team, so no comment there.

delivery charge is for the 3 tons, the total price difference would be $35 more if I get the Greene Team Gold Premium brand and I think this brand is a better choice.
Went to the Greene Team dealer today and got 2 bags to try so I am very sure I like it, my friend also bought a couple bags to try on his Thelin stove.

mandkj said:
I have had good luck with NEWP. I just ordered 3 tons of CleanFire for $269 which is NEWP in disguise. On the other hand, if the Green Team worked for you and the price is very close then you probably couldn't go wrong there.

might be too late as you already ordered, but there's a dealer in Bristol that is offering the NEWP brand for $255, so that option would be cheaper for you and you're getting the NEWP bags....

mandkj said:
Which one is that? The only one I know of in Bristol is BTPellets.

yup, they are the ones I made reference, did you talk to them before buying thru Pelletsales.com ?

I tried but was never able to get through to them. I haven't paid yet...still need to send the check to avoid the "processing fee" so I still have a little time. maybe I'll try again.

mandkj said:
I tried but was never able to get through to them. I haven't paid yet...still need to send the check to avoid the "processing fee" so I still have a little time. maybe I'll try again.

that's strange, every time I call them Linda picks up the phone, I never get a busy signal, plus you can drive up there, only about 17 miles. If I were you I'd buy from them because they have the NEWP bag which is what you tried and like, but it's your choice, good luck and let us know how you make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.