My Afternoon Company

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Working at the farm/museum

newcows.jpg

I am gonna wish I was in the middle of that field at about 1:00 pm on Thursday when Mother Gamma arrives.. :smirk:
I will pump her full of wine....she gets better the more alcohol she consumes.. :cheese:

GAMMA RAY said:
I am gonna wish I was in the middle of that field at about 1:00 pm on Thursday when Mother Gamma arrives.. :smirk:
I will pump her full of wine....she gets better the more alcohol she consumes.. :cheese:

Well Gamma, just make sure to not run out. Get thee to the liquor store now-eth. Hurry, before she gets here. :cheese:
Maybe YOU should drink the wine, and she'll get better the more YOU consume. hehehe

[quote author="Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle" date="1321747289"]Working at the farm/museum

Cow pies = fishworms, ever get spray with warm cows milk. In the old days when they milked by hand my uncle would get us every so often.

zap

Zap, I've never milked a cow in my life :p

Gamma, you can always come here and be one with the cows. I'll see if I have more pics of 'em :coolsmile:

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:

Wish I could say the same. :-S Also wish I could say that I have never mucked out a fifty year old cow lot to spread on fields for fertilizer. Can truly say that I have shoveled #### for a living.

BrotherBart said:

Wish I could say the same. :-S Also wish I could say that I have never mucked out a fifty year old cow lot to spread on fields for fertilizer. Can truly say that I have shoveled #### for a living.

We need a new shirt. Manure Movers Of America
roll.gif

GAMMA RAY said:

Jesus, as soon as my mother gets here I am all of a sudden 14.

"Why are you going outside? It's dark out!"
"Be careful, Browning, the stove is hot!"
"Your going to the gym? Now? Don't hurt yourself."
"Get out of the frig, we're going to eat soon."

And here I thought I was able to get by on day to day activities with out verbal warnings...

Thank god my mother is a light weight when it comes to drinking. One glass of wine and she's out!

Moms are just Moms Browning. Two years away in a combat zone and a week after I come home I come in at one in the morning to Mom sitting in the living room frantic.

"We were worried about you. We didn't know where you were. Or if something had happened to you."

A Mom thing. I never understood until I got the cat. :red:

BrotherBart said:
Moms are just Moms Browning. Two years away in a combat zone and a week after I come home I come in at one in the morning to Mom sitting in the living room frantic.

"We were worried about you. We didn't know where you were. Or if something had happened to you."

A Mom thing. I never understood until I got the cat. :red:

My mother would hound me constantly about the possibilities of getting hurt riding motorcycles and how I "better be wearing a helmet at all times". Every birthday, anniversary, and holiday card I sent to them the next two years included different photos of me riding without a helmet. I would sometimes include accessories like a bottle of whiskey in my left hand to really punch the exaggeration.

"Oh my god he's not wearing a helmet AND he's an alcoholic!"

Oh mom. Don't you realize you're being trolled by your son? :-/

BrotherBart said:

Why do I, not find that hard to believe. :lol: You stepped in it, so to speak.hey Ralf. %-P
Your Turn. :)

BrowningBAR said:

I hear ya Browning, I instantly feel about 12 as well as instantly loosing about 100 IQ pts. As she gets out of the car she inspects the yard front to back. >:-(
It usually starts with 1. What the hell are you wearing? 2. I hate when you wear your hair like that in that fauxhawk thingy. 3.George did not do a good enough job cleaning up the leaves this year. 4. It is too friggin hot in this place. (POP.....wine bottle gets opened and I get the biggest glass I can find) :coolgrin: Once the second glass is started it instantly gets better.
She never really picks on me about the house since it is always very neat and clean. She always enjoys the food, she likes to eat....a lil too much actually. :red:
My poor dad is the opposite. He is very easy going like me. God love him for living with that woman. :smirk:

I am so going to hell for saying these things... :lol:

M, I can send my Mom... she's a lot like me. She'll fix it right
grinning-smiley-007.gif

BrotherBart said:

Being raised on a dairy farm I too can say I've shoveled a lot of it. This was before milking parlors and the cows all stood in stanchions. It was a daily chore cleaning the barns and then come spring, we had to clean out the pens. That was super hard work and I hated it. As for the milk spray, we did that daily with our cats. They loved it. Also, whenever company would come and the kids came to the barn, they would get squirted too but they did not drink it like the cats did.

Yeah that stuff and pulling calves got me to thinking about college. That cowboy stuff wasn't turning out to be all it was cracked up to be. Had 145 head of Herefords all to myself.

Someday you'll miss her, no matter how much you enjoy making fun of her now. My mom died 20 years ago, and hardly a day ever goes by that I don't think of her, miss her, and wish I could talk with her. Rick

fossil said:
Someday you'll miss her, no matter how much you enjoy making fun of her now. My mom died 20 years ago, and hardly a day ever goes by that I don't think of her, miss her, and wish I could talk with her. Rick

I lost both this year, 8 monthes apart. They are always there in my mind. Every day is a reminder of how much they loved me and how much I loved them. Having two boys I know I will never let them down.
Cheers, Fossil.

Ah, Dix. I don't see Murphy in that picture! Helloooooo. Murphy needs all attention. You know dogs.

I talked to my Mom tonight for 2 hours, hadn't chatted in 1 week.

She inspired & supported me yet again. Gotta love it!

Murph loves attention, and tennis balls :)

0711091924a.jpg

GAMMA RAY said:
BrowningBAR said:

I hear ya Browning, I instantly feel about 12 as well as instantly loosing about 100 IQ pts. As she gets out of the car she inspects the yard front to back. >:-(
It usually starts with 1. What the hell are you wearing? 2. I hate when you wear your hair like that in that fauxhawk thingy. 3.George did not do a good enough job cleaning up the leaves this year. 4. It is too friggin hot in this place. (POP.....wine bottle gets opened and I get the biggest glass I can find) :coolgrin: Once the second glass is started it instantly gets better.
She never really picks on me about the house since it is always very neat and clean. She always enjoys the food, she likes to eat....a lil too much actually. :red:
My poor dad is the opposite. He is very easy going like me. God love him for living with that woman. :smirk:

I am so going to hell for saying these things... :lol:

Nah . . . not going to hell . . . I don't even bother with my mother any more . . . got tired of her mind games and pettiness . . . now I just do my own thing and let her do her own thing . . . I now truly enjoy my holidays . . . Thanksgiving at a restaurant with friends is a helluva lot more fun and enjoyable than going to her house.

GAMMA RAY said:

I hear ya. I'm taking this Monster bottle over to Mom's on Thanksgiving. It ought to keep her busy for a while.

Attachments

• magnum 001.jpg
    magnum 001.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 167
Just had Mom and step father in from Idaho to stay for 10 days for #1 son confirmation. It was fine but on day 10 I was glad there was not going to be a day 11.

firefighterjake said:
Thanksgiving at a restaurant with friends is a helluva lot more fun and enjoyable than going to her house.

I love all my family and don't even mind being around them, but I have to say that your Thanksgiving sounds like a much better time than mine. Do the serve Moxy at the restaurant?

We have 20 relatives coming to our small house (7 are under the age of 7!) on Turkey day. I am contemplating what to drink for breakfast. :zip:

Flatbedford said:
firefighterjake said:
Thanksgiving at a restaurant with friends is a helluva lot more fun and enjoyable than going to her house.

I love all my family and don't even mind being around them, but I have to say that your Thanksgiving sounds like a much better time than mine. Do the serve Moxy at the restaurant?

Sadly no . . . no Moxie . . . but they make a wicked good coconut cream pie and their Reubens are fantastic . . . slabs of real corned beef . . . not just slices.

Status
Not open for further replies.