My American Harvest stove won't shut down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CowBelle

Feb 8, 2018
Kansas
I pushed the off button 4 hours ago. It blinks. It's still auguring pellets and slowly burning. I've shut off all air sources. It's 75 degrees outside and my fricking stove is cranking away. And, I've pushed the off button about another 100 times. I've hit the on button and gone back to the Off button with no success.

Empty the hopper and vac out as much as you can and let it burn out. Have you got the stove on a surge protector? Any power issues lately, brown out power out?

Nothing that I'm aware of as far as power surges. Two home computers are ok. I have taken out all the pellets and vacuumed out the hopper. I've removed the burn pot and the fiber back board. I have the door standing open and it's still running. I really don't want to un-plug it.
The control panel shows nothing. No error codes either. All I have is the off button blinking.

Ok. After 5 hours of the stove shutting down and never shutting down, I unplugged it. When I plug it back it, it is still in shut down. Everything comes back on just as if I'd never unplugged it. great.......

Unplug the stove and see if it resets the board. Are all the motors and fans running?

Im betting theres a problem with the control board, if everything is running