My back hurts-nice find today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pcc2826

Mar 4, 2014
Ohio
Many around town know me as the guy that will take any wood. Got a call today from a friend of a friend who told me he had this Oak lying in his back yard for some time. Wood is still very green and it will be awhile before this is ready to burn, but free is free right?

The rounds were pretty big and there is still a lot more wood for me to go back for.

photo22.jpg

Wow! Nice looking stuff there. Can you get a hydraulic splitter there on the property? Make life a lot easier. Save your back too.

Wow! Nice looking stuff there. Can you get a hydraulic splitter there on the property? Make life a lot easier. Save your back too.

Yes, here was my setup. Did not bother taking my trailer since it's so close. The rounds themselves were just so big and heavy after an afternoon just rolling them to the splitter and moving them around got to me.

photo41.jpg

That is some big wood:cool:

3 years from now you won't remember the pain, you will only enjoy the burn.:cool:

I am the same as you. I have the saws with the long bars so people call me for the logs the others can't get. I like the big rounds - that's where the wood is.

That tree looks really straight. Have you looked into its value as milled lumber?

Status
Not open for further replies.