My BK went out last night.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was from the pine you loaded Christmas night wasn't it? hahaha!

When I told my Dad about the BKs burn time he couldn't believe me!.. he's been burning old "smoke dragons" for many many years... you know the stoves you have to load every couple hours.

I run into that same problem at the end of September.

Was it really out out? Couldn't rake front center and throw another load on it?

cmonSTART said:
I left the thermostat up a bit high with a load of pine. The stove was out when I came down this morning. I don't remember what to do now. Anyone?

:bug:

you must be Rip Van Winkle in disguise. you went to sleep years ago and just woke up right? Sorry to hear its been so long since you had to start a fire you forgot! On the other hand, its good to hear because I'm seriously thinking about getting one next year. I havent had to start one (from stratch) in my summett since i started in late november. Luckely my little Jotul upstairs keeps me in practice. I'll burn that on real cold days or during the shoulder. It is a little trickier burning 24-7 but I've done it on weekends. If its been burning a few days and you have some ash saved up you can normally find an ember or two after 10-12 hours to use to start the stove again.

cass

cmonSTART said:
I don't remember what to do now. Anyone?

Well, first off your gonna have to wake up that lazy wood hauling burro and get him loaded up so he can haul in the next load of wood.

First- call the EPA and cash in your carbon credits for the time the stove was not firing.
Second- Scream at the top of your lungs as you listen to the furnace kick on
Third- Scavenge the neighborhood for kindling- those are those small pieces that you usually toss out with the bark etc. that falls off the splits
Fourth- load said kindling
Five- Fire her up!

PapaDave said:
I'm thinking you may be on the verge of losing your BK owners membership badge. Be VEWY careful how you proceed.

:gulp: , :lol: , :zip:

I heard that BK will send the lighting instructions in the fall - like they always do.

So you came down and found "really low and slow"?

It must be some super natural phenomenon, because my BK also went out. My wife and I flew out to Denver, CO on the 10th and returned on the 25th. Darn it, when we returned I found my fire was out and no hot coals from which to start anew. I had to use my second match of my 24/7 season.

Swamp Fox said:
It must be some super natural phenomenon, because my BK also went out. My wife and I flew out to Denver, CO on the 10th and returned on the 25th. Darn it, when we returned I found my fire was out and no hot coals from which to start anew. I had to use my second match of my 24/7 season.

See, you should have gotten an Englander. You left on the 10th and when you got home on the 25th my stove was still burning. :coolsmirk:

Very funny, BB!

Status
Not open for further replies.