My Boiler Room Shrunk

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huffdawg

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Filled up the boiler room with a rack of broadleaf maple . we'll see how long it lasts. :)

Huff

Attachments

• DSC_0141.jpg
    DSC_0141.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 492
  • DSC_0142.jpg
    DSC_0142.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 475
Hey,like the looks of your buffer tank-did you build or buy??looks very good,thanks Bert

How hot does it get in there without that tank being insulated ? My shed has reached 120 F a few times

york said:
Hey,like the looks of your buffer tank-did you build or buy??looks very good,thanks Bert

The buffer tank is 150 gal. lpg tank that I bought used for $75:00 I think. Then got a bunch of cast iron fittings welded on.. then zip cut them all off and welded malleable fttings on. and now it seems to work good.

Huff

huffdawg said:
flyingcow said:
This what i have

What kind of wood is that? Looks like your set for the winter.

Huff

Rock maple n Beech. just under a 1/2 cord per pallet. 58 cu/ft +/- per pallet. usually go thru about 7.5 cord a season. I ended up putting about 5 cord under cover before mid Nov. Kinda spoiled to say the least.

huffdawg said:
york said:

The buffer tank is 150 gal. lpg tank that I bought used for $75:00 I think. Then got a bunch of cast iron fittings welded on.. then zip cut them all off and welded malleable fttings on. and now it seems to work good.

Huff

:lol: I shouldn't laugh, I allso welded a cast Iron Fitting on a tank.

Looks good Huff. Nice work. How's the boiler running now? I know I was very excited when I got mine on line. Wow, am I glad I got past that point. Now, hopefully, you will not need to call the oil man much at all. :coolsmile:

Gasifier said:
Looks good Huff. Nice work. How's the boiler running now? I know I was very excited when I got mine on line. Wow, am I glad I got past that point. Now, hopefully, you will not need to call the oil man much at all. :coolsmile:

Its all working good. Just have to tie my house in to the buffer tank to be able to sever the oilman umbilcal cord. Got get it done soon the price for Lpg. is 90 cents a litre. OUCH #$%%^@ing crooks.

Huff

flyingcow said:
This what i have

That's exactly what I have planned for next year, I even purchased a pallet jack so I can move them in the basement (obviously not stacked like yours). I figure I can build half cord racks, keep 1 1/2 cord in the basement and the rest stored in my out buildings until I need it.

I hate restacking wood, in our case we split 4 foot then cut it down to 16" on our cord wood saw. Just stack it in the racks, next time I pick it up it will be going in the boiler.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.