MY BRECKWELL IS GREAT!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timalabim

Jul 11, 2008
eastern ma
Just trying to present the other side of the argument.

My P23I runs 24/7, half way through my 3rd ton of the year, heats 1800 sq ft (2 floors) in MA.
Runs fine on the High/Low setting going from 3 to 1. Doesn't go out, The glass stays relatively clean.
Clean it once a week, always lights. Had 1 auger jam, which was my fault for excessive cramming in of the pellets.
NO COMPLAINTS. Sure I could have ordered a Harmon last August and be getting it now, but I "settled" for my Breckwell, and have heated the house since November.

Any other happy Breckwell owners, chime in to contradict the negativity.

I am another happy Breckwell owner. The price was right. It has been running 24/7 since October 08. Have burned 3 tons of pellets in it and couldn't be happier. It has heated my house all winter. Have used 1/8 of a tank of oil. I consider that really good. Have had no problems whatsoever with the stove. If I had to do it again, I would buy the Breckwell Big E again!!!

I have no complaints with mine. I've gone through almost 3 tons since October, it's doing fine heating my 1,000 sq ft ranch. Only using the propane for hot water and clothes dryer. Happy with savings.
Hope this doesn't "jinx" me.

Also, I'm lucky enough to only live a short distance from Eric @Kinsman Stove and have stopped in and gotten advice from him on general cleaning and maintenance of the stove even though I didn't purchase the stove from his shop. Eric's help and advice along with everyone on this forum has made it a very pleasurable expierience so far.
thanks everyone.

First season With my breckwell p23 and all i can say is I have no regrets, She IS A GREAT STOVE , Heats up my 2 story colonial with no problems, living room is a balmy 78' degrees in the dead of winter, second floor is 72' degrees, I have gone through 3 tons of pellets and nothing compares to the warmth of wood pellets, I clean it once a week and she never fails to start, No Auger Jams using NEWP and GREENWAY pellets, I will be pulling the trigger on 3 tons of barefoot pellets 259 @ ton on friday , I really hope they burn better than NEWP which i dont know if its just that batch that i went thru but nothing but MASSIVE CLINKERS. No bells or whistles just PURE HEAT.

Second season with my Breckwell P23. VERY satisfied with the performance and ease of use with this stove. I'd buy another Breckwell without blinking an eye. I love my stove! However I cant say I love or even like what has happen with the pricing of pellets......but that's another topic.

cms said:
I have no complaints with mine. I've gone through almost 3 tons since October, it's doing fine heating my 1,000 sq ft ranch. Only using the propane for hot water and clothes dryer. Happy with savings.

Also, I'm lucky enough to only live a short distance from Eric @Kinsman Stove and have stopped in and gotten advice from him on general cleaning and maintenance of the stove even though I didn't purchase the stove from his shop. Eric's help and advice along with everyone on this forum has made it a very pleasurable expierience so far.
thanks everyone.

Hey Chuck did I give you a hat last time? Thanks for the compliment.

I have a Big E and a P-24 burning non-stop in my house and they do the job.

The one thing I noticed that Breckwell should include in their manual and it should be on page #1 is

"This stove requires common sense on the user for it to run correctly."

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
The one thing I noticed that Breckwell should include in their manual and it should be on page #1 is

Eric

Eric,

What are you trying to say???

You might start a flamming war with words like that. My breckwell issues were not lack of common sense!!

jay

Just stirring the pot.

I am bored and only sold about a ton of pellets today.

Do not get your thong in a bunch.

Eric

jtakeman said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

Eric,

What are you trying to say???

You might start a flamming war with words like that. My breckwell issues were not lack of common sense!!

jay

To late! Now that there bunched it takes weeks to get them out of the nooks and crannies I have!

I'll be cursing you for weeks now buddy! Good thing I got some nice ICE COLD BEER to make me forget!

Carry on.
jay

Hey Eric

The two Breckwell Big E burn pot collars you sold me work excellent! Not one pellet has missed or bounced out since. I also noticed the stove burns better and the ash is finer

Thanks!

treehackers said:
Hey Eric

The two Breckwell Big E burn pot collars you sold me work excellent! Not one pellet has missed or bounced out since. I also noticed the stove burns better and the ash is finer

Thanks!

Glad to hear.

Eric

CZARCAR said:
kinsman stoves said:
treehackers said:
Hey Eric

Thanks!

Glad to hear.

Eric
how comr they werent built that way in the first place?

I am not in the design team, sorry

Eric

By the looks at some of the post on this forum it's too bad the stoves weren't fabricated using a little common sense! had too was left wide open.......

Eric any luck with the beefed up burnpot assembly for the Big E?

Thanks

Tony K said:
By the looks at some of the post on this forum it's too bad the stoves weren't fabricated using a little common sense! had too was left wide open.......

Eric any luck with the beefed up burnpot assembly for the Big E?

Thanks

If you are talking about the collar on top, yes they work great.

Eric

Eric, what I need is the heavy duty burnpot assembly. I did send you an e-mail awhile back but they weren't available. Just wondering if they are available yet? I can get by with the one I have for now and really don't want to get the same stock one unless I have to. The burnpot I have now has cracked on the bottom from one end to the other.

Thanks

cms said:

thanks everyone.
I'm glad to hear you guys are having good luck with your Breckwells. As soon as I'm out of wood (by the end of April) I'll be putting in a Big E (it's just sitting around waiting). and I've called Eric to ask him questions and I as well didn't buy from him. He is a good guy to talk to and he will answer questions. Keep up the good work Eric!

Tom

It is good to know that there are dealers out there who care and take that extra step to help their customers even after they sell them the stove. From what I've seen Eric is one of those dealers, not only does he do his job well but he takes the time to come to this forum and help others. Too bad he is located to far from me, I'd buy my next stove from him as well as my pellet supply. Also would like to thank all the other dealers, repairmen etc who take the time out to visit this forum, as dissatisfied customers like myself depend on this forum for help. Thanks..

Tony K said:
It is good to know that there are dealers out there who care and take that extra step to help their customers even after they sell them the stove. From what I've seen Eric is one of those dealers, not only does he do his job well but he takes the time to come to this forum and help others. Too bad he is located to far from me, I'd buy my next stove from him as well as my pellet supply. Also would like to thank all the other dealers, repairmen etc who take the time out to visit this forum, as dissatisfied customers like myself depend on this forum for help. Thanks..

I agree 100%. If Eric was closer to me I'd have bought my stove from him, I purchased replacement parts from him and He was prompt. Prices were reasonable too(cheaper than my local dealer). Now if he'd sell Enviro replacements I would get my spares from him too(hint-hint)!

When my breckwell was causing me pain, He offered to drop ship a Endurance 50F from his warehouse to me. It made the furnace cheaper than anything I could have found locally!! But I decided on the Omega instead.

Eric will treat you fairly. Just seems to be his nature!!!

jay

Guess I'll join in the Eric love fest! :) Have an older (97) P28I which I woke from a long slumber this year. Was starting sporadically, Eric suggested opened damper (manual says close till lit) 1/2 way. Since then had no failue to lite. Thanks Eric!

Awwww I am touched. Thanks.

Eric

Love my breckwell big-e s/n 1047 made sept. 2004 put in service dec.2004. run over 20 tons of pellets thru this beast, 1 room air blower motor later, still going strong! this is all i use to heat my house, how can some people call the big-e a big ugly black box?

hemidude13 said:
Love my breckwell big-e s/n 1047 made sept. 2004 put in service dec.2004. run over 20 tons of pellets thru this beast, 1 room air blower motor later, still going strong! this is all i use to heat my house, how can some people call the big-e a big ugly black box?

It is kinda the ugly only a Mother could love but have one burning 36" from me right now. Painted Red.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.