I found that my stove was allowing way to many pellets to end up in the ashpan when running. They would typically finder there way in the pan after taking a bounce off of the burnpot or having an odd tumble down the drop tube. In order to make sure the pellets land where they are supposed to I did this simple mod that I have read lots about people doing to other stoves on this messge board. I used 1/8" thick stainless plate and #10-24 cap head screws to get this done. The side extensions just slip into place and are captured by the burn pot and the burnpot liner. This mod adds nearly 2" of extension to the burn pot. After several cycles yesterday and today, I've got zero unburned pellets in the ashpan, just ash. Before doing this I would have had a couple handfulls in the pan!