Not open for further replies.
  1. freddypd

freddypd
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Jan 3, 2012
    Loc:
    Long Island NY
    I said I would post pictures of my cleaning results. This was my first year burning and learning. Bought most of my wood this year. Some of it wasn't that dry, hopefully next year will be better.

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1030.JPG

2. freddypd

freddypd
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Jan 3, 2012
    Loc:
    Long Island NY
    I hired someone to do the job. Really nice guy spent a little over two hours here! He was very clean and neat about everything. He even trimmed the chimney liner. He said it was installed way too high which only gave the cap a little room to vent. Next season I think I will do one or two mid season cleanings myself.

DSC00733.JPG

DSC00734.JPG

DSC00737.JPG

PA Fire Bug likes this.
  3. blujacket

blujacket
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 2, 2008
    Loc:
    West Carrollton,Ohio
    You will definitely see better results from seasoned wood. Most sellers claim to sell seasoned wood, but it's almost always freshly split before they deliver. Get 2-3 years of wood stacked, you will be amazed when you burn 2 year old seasoned wood.

red oak, Backwoods Savage and ScotO like this.
  4. red oak

red oak
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 7, 2011
    Loc:
    northwest Virginia
    Yes the difference is amazing when the wood is dry. I recently posted my chimney cleaning results, and as the wood has longer and longer to dry out, I'm noticing less and less buildup in the chimney. I'm glad I got that job done before it gets REALLY hot here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.