my defiant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fbelec

Minister of Fire
Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
i thought that since i had my defiant 1 apart for a go over last year that i could just pop off the top for a look see and give it a cleaning. lots of white ash sitting on the backside of the fireback probably 3 inches. any way learn from mistakes. i didn't wrap a rope around the stove so as to keep the stove front, back and sides in place. (i forgot ) so i pop off the top clean and scrap wire brush then wet it and try to put on the top. not wrapping the stove with a rope bit me in the behind. trying to line up the top and rods i pop out the right side:mad:
now i have to finish taking down the rest of the stove rescrape the new cement i just put on and reseal to put back together.

defiant and vigilant rebuilding be vewee vewee carfull

good warning to others.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.