My delivery fleet, loaded and ready to go.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
1/6th full cord (1/2 face cord) on each truck. These loads are going to one of the local parks.
IMG_5937%2520%25281024x683%2529-784979.jpg

Awesome Picture! Nice fleet to, makes my s-10 look pretty bad. :lol:

I wouldn't accept delivery until you stacked them out, and I mean stacked tight, to verify volume and I performed a statistically significant sample with my moisture meter.

Quads, what year is your Comanche? 2 or 4wd?

Yours is rustier than my even though I live on the beach.

Mine is 2wd 4 cyl, 4 speed, and gets great miliage.

SolarAndWood said:
I wouldn't accept delivery until you stacked them out, and I mean stacked tight, to verify volume and I performed a statistically significant sample with my moisture meter.
HA! Blank stares........ :)

smokinjay said:
Awesome Picture! Nice fleet to, makes my s-10 look pretty bad. :lol:
Thanks Jay!

Dune said:

1991, 2wd, 4 cylinder, 4 speed manual, bought it brand-new off the showroom floor. Leaky gas tank and all it still gets 30+ miles per gallon. Mine is rusty because of the salt used on Wisconsin's roads. Doesn't take long to eat them up.

quads said:
SolarAndWood said:

lol, great looking scene, fleet and product.

SolarAndWood said:
quads said:
SolarAndWood said:

lol, great looking scene, fleet and product.
HAHA! Thanks!

Nice work quads. I have to agree about those salty roads. Sometimes they do get carried away. Ticks me off when we get an inch of snow and they pour the salt on...

Backwoods Savage said:
Nice work quads. I have to agree about those salty roads. Sometimes they do get carried away. Ticks me off when we get an inch of snow and they pour the salt on...
Thanks Dennis!

And in recent years they have started using some kind of liquid salt here that really gets down under the paint and a good bite into the metal. HA!

Doing that here too quads. Nasty stuff. And some folks wonder why I won't ride bike during the winter.

Two trucks! How many drivers now?

Neither truck has been properly overloaded enough. I can still see a space betweek the top of the rear tires and the fenders.

Other than that, good job!

SolarAndWood said:

You'd likely be the award winner for the first colonoscopy that found and removed splinters.

:)

quads said:
Dune said:

1991, 2wd, 4 cylinder, 4 speed manual, bought it brand-new off the showroom floor. Leaky gas tank and all it still gets 30+ miles per gallon. Mine is rusty because of the salt used on Wisconsin's roads. Doesn't take long to eat them up.

Same exact vehicle, year and all.

I put in a new gas tank a few years ago, and have done some body maintainence. The gas miliage is the treat.

Gosh
I hate to be a critic of pictures, but isn't that maul upside down in the white truck?
You got standards to live up to. :lol:
Nice looking wood!
Great pics as usual.

Flatbedford said:
Two trucks! How many drivers now?
Mrs. Quads was driving the Chevy. If we have multiple deliveries going on at the same time, and she is at home, we'll run both trucks. She has never driven the Comanche though. We've been together 25 years and I have never been able to teach her to drive manual transmission. We have only had the Chevy for a little over a year (her truck).

bogydave said:
Gosh
I hate to be a critic of pictures, but isn't that maul upside down in the white truck?
Nice looking wood!
Great pics as usual.
Yes, yes it is! Was wondering if anyone would notice. And another new wooden handle, straight one this time.

Gary_602z said:
Quads, always love your pictures! Just want to know if you have to certify the carbon footprint on your splitting procedure? :lol:

Gary
No carbon in the footprints of my splitter......I can't swing it THAT fast! HAHA!

quads said:
bogydave said:
Gosh
Nice looking wood!
Great pics as usual.
Yes, yes it is! Was wondering if anyone would notice. And another new wooden handle, straight one this time.

And "another" new wooden handle, :bug:
Don't make them like they used to. :)

bogydave said:
quads said:
bogydave said:
Gosh
Nice looking wood!
Great pics as usual.

Can't keep them tight. The previous FIBERGLASS handle lasted for over 25 years. The head loosened up on the curved wooden handle in less than a year (less than 30 full cord or so). This summer I tried soaking it in water, then soaked it in drain oil. Finally the wood around the wedge just gave up and broke off. Went to Farm and Fleet to get another fiberglass handle and they don't have them anymore! So, trying another wooden handle for awhile. The old one never had a single over-strike (because I do not over-strike), but I guess it just couldn't take the pounding like fiberglass does. This new one I smeared with wood glue when I put it in, so I'll see what happens. So far it's tight, but the glue is kind of cracked already.

quads said:
bogydave said:
quads said:
bogydave said:
Gosh
Nice looking wood!
Great pics as usual.

Can't keep them tight. The previous FIBERGLASS handle lasted for over 25 years. The head loosened up on the curved wooden handle in less than a year (less than 30 full cord or so). This summer I tried soaking it in water, then soaked it in drain oil. Finally the wood around the wedge just gave up and broke off. Went to Farm and Fleet to get another fiberglass handle and they don't have them anymore! So, trying another wooden handle for awhile. The old one never had a single over-strike (because I do not over-strike), but I guess it just couldn't take the pounding like fiberglass does. This new one I smeared with wood glue when I put it in, so I'll see what happens. So far it's tight, but the glue is kind of cracked already.

I seen you swing the gule kinda goes without saying... :cheese:

smokinjay said:
I seen you swing the gule kinda goes without saying... :cheese:
Yes, the glue is cracked already and only used it a couple times since putting the new handle in. HA! As long as it keeps this handle tight, but I have my doubts. I run into a tougher round once in awhile where I have to give it a little more oomph and that seems to separate the man's handles from the boys! :)

I still have the yellow Truper maul, which I cracked the outer covering on that fairly quickly after buying it, but that doesn't seem to matter, it's still holding up just fine. But I only use it as an emergency backup maul. I like the antique so much better. The Truper does well, but almost never seems to split on the first swing, whereas the antique maul almost always does. The Truper usually takes two swings. Someday I am going to take the grinder to the head of the Truper and do a little modifying, maybe make it more to my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.