1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

My DIGITAL Stovepipe thermometer build

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by scooby074, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Adabiviak

Adabiviak Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Sierra Nevadas, California
    Does that linkage work? It seems like the length of the connecting rod would put too much oblique pressure on the vent rod, causing it to hang from friction (but that's with my stove - yours may work fine). I'm also guessing by the round driving wheel that it's only meant to close the vent (not open it)? Also, did you mill that gearbox yourself? That's crazy.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. WES999

WES999 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mass north of Boston
    The linkage works fine, my air control moves pretty smoothly. You are correct it will only close the air, not open it.
    The motor/gearbox is a Honeywell HVAC damper control, I added the shaft, wheel and solenoid.
    Here is a short vid.
    http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/wes9996/media/CIMG3087_zpsb8791181.mp4.html?sort=3&o=2
    scooby074 likes this.
  3. scooby074

scooby074 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Still cant get it into *F. I found a set of instructions online that indicates that the Units parameter (SL6 i think) has been omitted. That jives with what Ive seen in practice.

Yeah its great to ge these PIds over 400. It opens up a whole lot more uses for these inexpensive controllers..

Thanks for the info on the magnets. I found one at Mcmaster that looks perfect. It should fit right into my holder. Unfortunately, Mcmaster is a no-go from canada. Apparently we are all terrorists. http://www.homemodelenginemachinist...rists-probably-according-mcmaster-carr-17927/

Ill keep my eyes open for a high temp rare earth disk magnet locally here. Shipping on a $4 magnet would kill any deals anyways. Thanks though.