My door is making a squeaking noise when I open it

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphite is a good idea.
Oil works too, it will harden with the heat, but usually stops the squeak.

Just be glad yours is welded on straight! If I could fix mine with a little anti-sieze I would be in heaven!

Jason

Graphite would work. If you want to try oil try synthetic.

I have used Never Seize and works well and can take the heat..

Ray

My door pins are peened on, so I keep a dripper of 3 in 1 oil in the woodbox.

heck our englander 30 the door pins keep workign their way out, i gotta hit them back down with the poker every other week.

My door is making a squeaking noise when I open it

If your pins are removable you can use a rub them with pencil ( I used a carpenters pencil) if you don't have any graphite of never size handy.

I used this on my air controls to reduce/eliminate some squeaking on my Lopi.

It's good up to 1K degrees.

41-xCYs2B8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks for helping me out with the squeaking door problem.
In the past, I had use some marvels mystery oil lube but it did not last any longer than a few weeks and then it was back to the squeaking door. Does the oil burn off with high heat?

Lanning said:
Thanks for helping me out with the squeaking door problem.
In the past, I had use some marvels mystery oil lube but it did not last any longer than a few weeks and then it was back to the squeaking door. Does the oil burn off with high heat?

With the spray I am using... just dry graphite is left behind after the propellant has evaporated. I wouldn't spray around a hot stove and you might need to air out area a little if you spray inside but I didn't find it too bad. When I was spraying my air control I think the draft sucked in most of the fumes on the cold stove. If you can spray items outside that would be best.

EDIT: I can't speak for ultra high heat since temps around my air controls are no-where near the rated spec of this graphite spray. It hasn't worn off in a months of use though.

Thanks also on the reminder.
I used high temp anti seize that was in the garage.
As a side note: be careful opening and closing-the door banged against the wall because it moves so freely now!

Hey, Treacherous where did you get that can of High Heat Dry Graphite ? I like the high heat part.

The anti-seize sounds good too.

Yeah, when I lubricate my door you have to be careful it swings open so easy compared to before.

Status
Not open for further replies.