1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

My Easy Blaze Pellet Review

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by briansol, Nov 25, 2012.

1. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    http://www.easyblaze.com/

I've burned about 3 bags of these through the stove now, so it's time for a solid review with 0 scientific data. :)

It hasn't been too cold out, but I can already see these throw some good heat. I'm finding the stove running less, and for less time. I'm actually considering upgrading my thermostat to one with swing now. Before it never really mattered, as after 15 or so on low burn, the call for heat would come back and it would kick it back on again. At the very least, they are a bit warmer than my former brand.

I was getting black smoke on my glass with my first bag, so i opened up the damper a few mm to give it some more and it seems to have (literally) cleared that up. So, right away, the demand for more air means the fuel that stayed the same is actually combusting with more energy and need for air.

Fines are minimal in the 3 bags i've had. Maybe a 1/4 cup, tops?

Haven't seen any longs. Most are less than 3/8".

No bag 'shrapnel' to speak of, like random chips/etc.

smell good.

bags are of decent quality. One broke one in the moving process, and that's because i nicked the corner of it on the tail gate of my truck. Otherwise, no complaints.

And on top of all that, they are one of the cheapest non big box brand pellets around this year.

I'll be buying more.
    Eatonpcat, Aquion and jtakeman like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. thedude110

thedude110 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Connecticut
    Lol -- that's my kind of research.

Are these hardwoods, softwoods, or a blend? The description at BT Pellet doesn't say.
  3. iron stove

iron stove Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central CT
    Easyblaze is " Premium Softwood" per the bags I have.
  4. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    i believe they are yellow pine. So, softwood. Smells like pine anyway.
  5. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    http://www.easyblaze.com/

Info from the site.

Attached Files: