My Easy Blaze Pellet Review

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

briansol

Minister of Fire
Jan 18, 2009
central ct
http://www.easyblaze.com/

I've burned about 3 bags of these through the stove now, so it's time for a solid review with 0 scientific data. :)

It hasn't been too cold out, but I can already see these throw some good heat. I'm finding the stove running less, and for less time. I'm actually considering upgrading my thermostat to one with swing now. Before it never really mattered, as after 15 or so on low burn, the call for heat would come back and it would kick it back on again. At the very least, they are a bit warmer than my former brand.

I was getting black smoke on my glass with my first bag, so i opened up the damper a few mm to give it some more and it seems to have (literally) cleared that up. So, right away, the demand for more air means the fuel that stayed the same is actually combusting with more energy and need for air.

Fines are minimal in the 3 bags i've had. Maybe a 1/4 cup, tops?

Haven't seen any longs. Most are less than 3/8".

No bag 'shrapnel' to speak of, like random chips/etc.

smell good.

bags are of decent quality. One broke one in the moving process, and that's because i nicked the corner of it on the tail gate of my truck. Otherwise, no complaints.

And on top of all that, they are one of the cheapest non big box brand pellets around this year.

I'll be buying more.

Easyblaze is " Premium Softwood" per the bags I have.

i believe they are yellow pine. So, softwood. Smells like pine anyway.

I had to buy 6 bags do to my main heat source went out.I don't know about you but i got the hard/softwood blend and they smell like varinsh.