My Edumacation at Hearth.com: Vocabulary word of the day, Palletization.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmsem

Minister of Fire
Oct 30, 2014
New haven, Connecticut
With the splitter on hand and ready to go, I made a trip to get some pallets and hopefully setup based on my learning from Hearth.com. The lumber yard near me gets rid of them for free!!!

If I let the wood season outside the shed, do I need pallets on the floor of the shed? There is a 6 mil moisture barrier under the shed with about 3 tons of gravel. Any opinions on that???

Additionally I ran the new County Line 22 ton for 4 hours today under no-load for the break-in. Changed over to Mobil 1 fully synthetic 10-30W. Capped off the hydraulic fluid and gas. She is ready.

Having fun.....what a helpful place this has been!!!

Thanks.

David My Edumacation at Hearth.com: Vocabulary word of the day, Palletization. My Edumacation at Hearth.com: Vocabulary word of the day, Palletization. My Edumacation at Hearth.com: Vocabulary word of the day, Palletization. My Edumacation at Hearth.com: Vocabulary word of the day, Palletization.

Sure dosent look like the new haven I know;)

I probably would put pallets down in the shed.

Am I correct someone dug a hole, lined the hole with plastic, then filled the hole with gravel and put a shed over it?

if I am correct I believe the plastic will prevent ground water coming up, but also prevent rain and condensate from draining down.

Additionally I ran the new County Line 22 ton for 4 hours today under no-load for the break-in. Changed over to Mobil 1 fully synthetic 10-30W. Capped off the hydraulic fluid and gas. She is ready.

Why would you run a splitter for 4 hours with no load?;?

Just run it like you normally would and change the oil.:)

Why would you run a splitter for 4 hours with no load?;?

Just run it like you normally would and change the oil.:)
Easy break in.....that oil is really light that they have.

I put Mobile 1 synthetic in all my small engines. Cheap insurance . Especially for generators. I've ran mine for over a weak at a time.

I got a 70cc dirt bike for my son at Tractor Supply. The owners manual stated it was not meant to be ran with the oil it was shipped with. When I drained it, it looked like vegetable oil. Told a guy at TS about it. He said, "I'm glad you told me, we play around on those things all the time."

Reactions: davidmsem
Status
Not open for further replies.