My EKO 40 video on YOUTUBE.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seyiwmz

Dec 11, 2007
Upper Michigan
Hello fellow gasifiers, I would recommend and would like to see more videos of their boilers on youtube. I couldn't find any EKO gasifiers on there, so I went to my garage with camera in hand to make a quick video of mine burning. To the left of my boiler is a covered 500 gallon storage tank that you can't see, but can imagine it's there. I just finished getting it in about a month ago. I know there are a bunch more of you gasifier's out there, and I would like to see some videos of your system. www.youtube.com is the site you need to visit. People have some cool videos on there. I look up portable sawmills, firewood gathering, tree cutting, ect. If you wanna see something cool, do a search on" fastest woodsplitter". You might soil yourself. If your not familiar with youtube, just creat an account with a username and password, then there is a place to upload videos. It's real easy. If ya need help, Private message me. I'll run ya through the whole process. Good luck with your vids. Thanks,,, Seyiwmz

PS. They allow you to upload a maximum size video of 100 mg, which is pretty big

That's really cool, Sey.

However, having just seen "No Country for Old Men," I got the distinct feeling of "WHAT'S BEHIND THAT DOOR??" as you were opening it up. Something terrible? No, something wonderful.

That gives a lot more perspective than the video clips that the mfgs post on their websites, and it doesn't take 10 minutes to download.

Nice work.

Thanks for the praise and encouragement. To Sting, that is the correct link for my vid. And to Nofo, those markings on the fan shroud are dust gatherings around the openings. I should have wiped the unit down. When I show people how the unit works, I open the door and let them take a peek at what's going on down there. They stare in amasement, and I let them take as long as they want. So, some of the superheated gases get sucked into the fans, and dust gathers on the openings. A small price to pay to spread the joy of wood gasification. Seyiwmz

The fire is wonderful ! Thanks for sharing the video. I didn't know of gasifiers when I installed my corn boiler and I didn't want to go thru all the wood scrounging again! But now that technology is advancing it makes me begin to rethink my system. Humping bags of wood pellets by the skid isn't much less work that chunk wood was! Now if I could figure out how to get a 1000 gal propane tank in my basement ..... May I ask how you insulated yours :question: Is that a refrigerator crate covering it?

Because I need to convince the TruckChick that she too can operate the GW, I'd appreciate it if you guys would post the vids with your wife/Gf (or maybe both at the same time) operating the boiler.

Jimbo

My significant other operates our heating system by serving me cold shoulder and hot tongue.

It wouldn't make a great testimonial or help your cause!

That video alone would make me buy an EKO. Nice, Now if someone could capture on film the contentment one would feel standing next to a silent oil boiler on a 10 degree day...

Hey guys, my wife will "man" the boiler when I"m not home or if she gets home first. Took a little learning about boiler temps. and wood size but she does great! Could use some help from her cuttin, splitting, stacking, and bringing in the wood. But can"t ask for everything!
Keith
AWESOME video, wish I knew how to do it.

cool video. i wondered how it worked. nice drum set to!

Great video someone with a Tarm should put one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.