My Encore is installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

I removed the Resolute Acclaim and will be getting it ready for sale after I go threw it. Not an easy task,
horsing these 400 lb plus beast around. The Encore is in place and hooked up to the connector pipe, I could fire it now.

I will be making tweaks and rebuilding the two front door and glass gasketing. I still indend to replace the griddle gasket.
I may replace the cat combustor as well but it is not bad.

On-ward , yeaha .......... mush .........mush ........ yeaha ! Get-er-done. What do you mean "you could fire it up" ? Com-mon Elk , fire that puppy up ! Get her up to 600° , let us know how it feels .

At my house I need an open permit and just add to it and pay the fees. It will be permitted and inspected. Really nothing changed but the model of the stove.It is sitting in the exact location as the Resolute Accclaim. About 18" of connector pipe straight out be back into a separate 8/8 clay flue. Naturally with the 1/4" per ft pitch upward. Roo it will be fired up soon enough, but not when it is fairly hot and humid. Man thoses things are heavy. I'm feelling it now. I have a brand new ceramic enamal top for the Resolute Acclaim to install. While apart it will be fully cleaned and blow gun blown out. There will not be one chip on the entire surface after the new top is installed.

Looking on Ebay I figured I would purchase the missing handles. The price for the cermanic door handle $25
ash door handle $15 griggle handle $15 and Damper handle 25" That's Ebay and $80 for handles. Retail one would approach
$100. Time to crank out the lathe Using 3/4" dowels and 1/4" machins screws wascher and nuts I now have very attractive handles The cost $2.50 for the screws nuts and washers. The rest, such as the dowell, I had here

Status
Not open for further replies.